Angiology is a medical discipline which is concerned with blood vessels and with the interrelationships / interdependence between the fluids in the body.
Angiology dept. in the Institute provides treatment and rehabilitation of patients with diseases and conditions of:
- arteries and veins
- primary and secondary lymphedema
Beside the clinical examination performed by the angiologist, the following diagnostics is available: Doppler index-a (AB index), CDS (Color Doppler Scan) of blood vessels, transcutaneous oximetry, and tissue circulation measurement.
Treatment and rehabilitation services are available to in- and out patients, depending on the clinical presentation, multidisciplinary team assessment, and patient’s preference.
Treatment and rehabilitation services include:
– physical therapy (therapeutic exercises, treadmill, vacuum compression therapy (vasculator, vacusac pressotherapy),carbotherapy, galvanic baths, magneto therapy, phototherapy, occupational therapy)
– pharmacotherapy in consultations of clinical pharmacist and internist: anticoagulant therapy, antibiotic therapy, chronic pain pharmacotherapy, chronic wound treatment with special dressings, etc.
– Hyperbaric oxygenation therapy (HBOT).
– education of patients and psychosocial support
In treatment of lymphedema we particularly emphasize the complex decongestive physical therapy which includes: patient’s education about the lymphedema and skin care, manual lymphatic drainage, multilayers compressive bandaging, and specialized program of therapeutic exercises.